Thursday, October 16, 2014

Why I Deleted Every "Presenting Of Blood and Blade" Post

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OGMEZIQ
I am a self published author (my god, I actually get to say that now). While I am very proud of my accomplishment, I'm also realistic. I am not a Stephen King level author...yet. As such, I posted nine excerpts from my now-published fantasy novel, Of Blood and Blade, in the hopes that doing so would attract some attention to a new author...and give readers a chance to taste my prose before thinking about buying.

And it worked! Fucking-A did it work. Over 700 views over the course of a week and a half, almost all of them viewing my writing. What an excellent marketing strategy!

However, I'm still a newbie author with little weight in the writing world. I needed as much help as I can get, which is why I chose to enroll in KDP Select when I published Of Blood and Blade. One of the restrictions of enrollment, however, is that you cannot have your novel in any other digital form.

I have decided I am not going to argue with Amazon over this. They did not contact me regarding this issue, they threw no threats in my direction at all. I decided that I will play by the rules because I like keeping my end of a deal. My book is available in every country Amazon touches, and while I have no known fans in most of those, that could change over time.

If you are one of those who read the excerpts, thank you. I promise you the full novel is by far better than a few two-page excerpts. If you didn't read them, well...you missed out on discovering if I write in a style you enjoy. I think that is my fault for not reaching you fast enough. I'm sorry.

Of course, it is rather obligatory for me to post a link to OF BLOOD AND BLADE, available now on Amazon. I love you guys.  Thank you for understanding. 

No comments:

Finale

I'm Retiring American Dirt Hey everyone. James here. This is my final post on American Dirt. It's been a long ride full ...